Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Stressful Week


I haven't been able to do any cooking experiences this week or anything else for that matter. My kids decided to put me through a trying time so I've been dealing with that. This is the stressed out mom part of my heading in this entry this week. I’ve always heard about peer pressure but never thought "peer pressure" was something you had to worry about with your ex husband doing to your kids. Let's just say he talked them into making a very poor choice. He is now deciding he wants to get full custody of them. It's funny (well, not really) how he didn't spend any time with them, call them, etc until they started becoming teenagers. His idea of taking care of them while they are visiting him at his house is: A) Leave them home by themselves or B) Leave them at his sister’s house. While I would love to smear my ex-husband on this blog, I will refrain as he's not here to defend himself. I will never understand why I can't bring myself to do it but I just can't. I hope we have stopped all this early from going any further than it already has.
 On top of that, my son has been sick for several weeks now. At first they thought possibly mono and did a test for it. Negative. Flu? Negative. Sinus infection? Maybe. He was achy especially in his back that just kept getting worse. When they did the Mono test, they noticed his protein was abnormally high. They just sent a letter saying it was possibly due to feeling sick. The achy feeling didn't go away and it was really becoming painful. So, three doctor visits later they decided to do an x-ray just to make sure there wasn't a small fracture or something. That x-ray was ok and they were just going to send him home yet again. I was relied but disappointed not knowing still what was wrong. I was still worried. Because it was around his kidney, I told the doctor I thought they should check for a kidney infection. I don't think the doctor wanted to do it but he did anyways. I think he thought I wouldn't leave if he didn't and I admit that I was to that point. After the test, He came in and said, “Ok there isn't an infection, but.....”  BUT???  (Isn’t that just the worst words to hear from the doctor?) Yes, Doctor? Did I have the right to be concern? Oh, doctor who thought I was being paranoid??? It seems that protein level was still way too high! Apparently too high for the tests there at the office to even give an accurate reading of how high it was. The doctor then ordered a 24 hour urine test and more blood work for my son to have completed by Monday morning. Thank God the urine test was being done over the weekend because I know my son would have been totally embarrassed taking a jug of urine around school. So, I can't wait until tomorrow to find out what's going on and praying that they find whatever is causing this pain fast! Oh, but wait! Of course it doesn't end there. My son maybe coming down with the flu now after all! I guess it shouldn't surprise me since every time we were at the doctor; we were around people with the flu. So, who knows what this urine and the blood result will show. How do you pray? That he only has the flu and it just took forever for it to show up? That they find out what's wrong by those test results tomorrow? Or that there isn't anything wrong and the pain is just a mystery and a part of growing up? It's just hard waiting around when you know your child is in pain.
 I found a really cool blog that I like and have been reading it. It's by a lady named Deb whose weight is the same as mine. Her blog sounds how I feel with my weight. It's almost like I could have written it to describe my weight loss journey in the past months with the ups and downs of gaining, losing and gaining. I have only read a few months of the blog that she started last year. (May 2008) I am going to use one of her ideas on setting my weight loss goal on here. That way I have accountability with anyone who reads this blog and wants to keep up. With the past few weeks, I've managed to totally go off track with my diet. Hopefully I can get back on track this week and reading this lady's blog will be encouraging to me. 
  I have mentioned (I think) that I am planning a cruise with past contestants of the Biggest Loser show. The planning has been going pretty well and we are having a lot of the new cast members contacting us wanting to be involved. It is so exciting to see how excited these folks are in helping others with their weight loss journey. I now have to decide who to add on the cruise that is new, who to tell we can't use them because they aren't promoting the cruise to their fans, etc. I hate being the mean person but if someone doesn't step up to the plate than what choice do I have but to let them go. I just wish my partner would do it instead because I hate disappointing people. Isn't that what got me to being overweight to begin with? Worrying about what people thought about me? Feeling down about myself? That nobody thought I was good enough to do anything? I don't want to be the cause of these feelings to someone else. Hopefully I'll figure out the best way to do what needs to be done. 

Anyways, hopefully I'll be able to try this Buffalo Chicken Chili that I keep seeing on the Rachael Ray website. My kids love Buffalo Chicken and love chili so I'm hoping it will be a hit. I think I'm going to also look for a Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe just in case my son does have that flu bug. (Praying please let me look for no reason, please!)




No comments: