Thursday, January 7, 2010

General Mills Cereal Product Review and Giveaway

I am so excited to see that General Mills is going to a reduce sugar option for their cereals. That is great for a mom who is trying to keep a bunch of sugary foods out of the house and for someone who is trying to lose weight.

Note: Did you know that people that eat ready to eat cereals consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? That these cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal one of the top source of key nutrients in children´s diets.

Other cereal benefits:

* Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children´s diets.

* Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child´s diet today.

* More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.

Studies also demonstrate the benefits of eating breakfast. A 1998 study showed that children who eat breakfast tend to perform better at school. Compared to children who skip breakfast, children who eat breakfast score higher on tests, are less likely to miss class or be tardy, have fewer reported discipline problems, and make fewer trips to the office.

For more information about kids and cereals, please visit Cereal Health and Wellness.

Right now if you visit here you will find a $1 off coupon for one of four General Mills cereals. Blog Spark and I  will be giving away 1 coupons valued at $6.00 to three different winners for you to pick your brand of General Mills cereal you may have been wanting to try.

To enter: Go to General Mills and pick a cereal you have always wanted to try just for yourself. Maybe it's the Yogurt Cheerios. Or the Fiber One cereal. Leave me a comment on which one it is you want to try.

-extra entry follow me on google connect (1entry)
-follow me on Twitter (1 entry)
-tweet about giveaway (1 entry)

Giveaway ends January 16,2010 at 11:50pm EST.

6 comments:

WriterMarie said...

Great post Becky! I would love to try their Cascadian Farms organic...Cinnamon Crunch sounds great! xoxoxo

Haydensmommy05 said...

I would like to try the yougurt cherrios but I am not sure if I would like them or not!
haydensmommy05@hotmail.com

Haydensmommy05 said...

I follow on twitter!
haydensmommy05@hotmail.com

Haydensmommy05 said...

I follow through google friend!
haydensmomy05@hotmail.com

CherylS22 said...

I've always wanted to try Wheaties. I'm normally a Cheerios person, but am looking for a change!

Thanks ~ megalon22 at yahoo dot com

CherylS22 said...

I follow in GFC
megalon22 at yahoo dot com